View Single Post
(#80)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 07-01-2020, 04:03 AM

Just finished reading, The Gulag Archipelago.

It was as grim a read as one might assume. However, in my opinion the levels of brutality vary in comparison to what I know about the Holocaust.

In the Soviet union they were savages to prisoners and treated them horribly, granted. But I'm yet to come across anything that suggests there were mad scientists carrying out highly unnecessary and sadistic human experiments on children. Perhaps I'm wrong, but perhaps not.

I'm tempted to start reading "The Holocaust - The Nazi Persecution and Murder of Jews" by Peter Longerich, or "KL - A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps" by Nikolaus Wachsmann.

Both enormous books, but I think I need to take a bit of a mental breather from this totalitarian atrocity stuff for a while. This last month I've spent a lot of time watching documentaries about it and reading about it. I'm done for a bit.

Instead I'll maybe go for an interesting work of complex fiction coupled with a helpful psychology book. Gunna try this alternating 2 different styles of book at the same time thing.

You can't win if you don't play