View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 14-11-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeMaximus View Post
I want to improve with my social skills so I can be social without being treated badly
Think about the underlying assumptions here. You're basically equating being social with being treated badly. Why?

Quote:
Namely, I can't seem to get routines to work as they are always disingenuous and come across badly.
Routines don't work. They are always disingenuous and are almost bound to come across badly. You don't get better at them. You ditch them.

Quote:
I'm a decent natural but can only get 6's with the occasional 7-8.5's
I mean I hate scales, I think they're dumb as hell tbh, but getting what you mean, how often do you see someone who's legit a 9 or 10? Like if you're a promoter in Vegas and that's a problem you might be doing something wrong, but in Alberta or the UK you have to go to specific places to even find a bunch of 9s tbh. That could easily just be that.

Quote:
I've read "how to win friends and enemies" 3 times but I noticed a lot of the advice is "beta" i.e. got people treating me badly. At least the way I am now people pretty much leave me alone which is preferred to being treated like shit but I'd obviously rather have friends and lots of girls. It just seems out of reach at the moment.
I've read "how to win friends and influence people" but never heard of "how to win friends and enemies". Ditch the term "beta" also. No one with their shit together who's happy with themself thinks in those terms. That whole paradigm screams insecurity.

Again, you have this ground assumption that if you're open with people you'll be treated like shit. You can use practicing game to test that assumption. You'll find it's not true, and even if it is you're just in the same place you're at already.

Quote:
I'm wondering if anyone can relate or knows how to be a social guy without getting shit on. I'm not joking any time I get social I end up getting attacked verbally or treated badly. So that's why I tend to remain aloof asshole but I want to level up and improve my life. And that is why I am here.
Can you give an example of you being social and people shitting on you? Genuinely curious.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99

Last edited by Stein; 20-11-2019 at 12:16 AM.