View Single Post
(#71)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 18-10-2019, 11:41 PM

This week I completed 2 books.

The first was "Ordinary Men" which was about a battalion of police officers who were instructed to carry out brutal murders of innocent Jews doing world war 2. Ultimately, the theme of the book was that none of the men were forced to do any of it. There were many psychological theories such as the pressure of social conformity etc. It painted some pretty grim imagery; how Jews so calmly accepted their fate, laying down to take a bullet in the back of the head; infants and old people being immediately executed etc. That's not even the tip of the iceberg.

Second book was "No Surrender - My Thirty Year War". This story is based on an incredible man named Hiroo Onoda, who spent 30 years "in combat" in the jungle of Labang Island, Philippines. Just before the end of the war, him and 2 comrades retreated into the jungle, and stayed there, convinced the war continued for all those years. Over time they received continuous messages that the war was over, but, being truly loyal to their country and more importantly, Hiroo being true to his orders, decided to never give up without receiving a direct reversion of those orders. Eventually the 2 comrades got killed by gunshots after 10 and 28 years respectfully, during gun-battles that were uncalled for, what with their being no actual ongoing war. Then, after being located by a young adventurer who had taken a keen interest in the story, Hiroo eventually received those direct orders after 30 years, and surrendered. A truly amazing story.

Next I need to go for something different. So I'm going to choose one of Robert Greene's collection. Perhaps, The Laws of Human Nature.

Then it'll be The Gulag Archipelego.

Then I'm probably not going to read anything further until I take a good hard look at some potential new business ideas.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 18-10-2019 at 11:56 PM.