View Single Post
(#228)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 18-08-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan300 View Post
I need to refocus... ...stick to the original plan of building a side business enough that I can resign by the end of the year...
As for this. I re-evaluated almost everything about what I was originally planning on doing (selling gadgets) and adopted the new strategy of focusing on one product (in the Eco Friendly niche). The new website/store has been running live for almost 3 months now, and has had no sales.

For nearly 2 months I've been running Facebook ads, to no avail. Just been trying out different variations and pictures and video and ad copy etc. I have learned a lot along the way, so it hasn't all been a waste, but ultimately my business is probably £800 in the negative, with zero return.

Currently feeling very doubtful that drop-shipping is for me. I pretty much know and accept that it's not something I'm exactly passionate about, more that it just seemed (on the surface at least) a relatively quick way to get my ass out working for myself.

Now? I'm going through a period of reflection on what my next move is. I'm sure there's a better business that I'd be more suited at doing, rather than doing something I don't really give a fuck about.

At the forefront, I'm quite confident some sort of advice/coaching business model would be much more befitting. This isn't just based on confidence in myself though. The confidence in this context comes from feedback and reactions I get from people in and outside work. I often get called things like Mr Positive or associated variations and relative comments and compliments, due to the manner in which I handle things and quickly assist other people in defusing or overcoming problems. Commonly, I can easily and swiftly transition someone from becoming overwhelmed, to relaxed and assured on what to do next, and realising the 'problem' can be overthrown, or at the very least, not worthy of the stress and anxiety they're giving it.

Such a position would certainly excite me way more than selling cheap trash from China.

Side Note - I think I've had this trait ever since I quit using illicit drugs 9 years ago. Perhaps it began when people would DM me saying their head was minced from weed or cocaine, or whatever, and look to me for advice on what they should do, and asking how I managed to do it. I don't mean to sound narcissistic but it inspired motherfuckers, and this was told to me many times. That's one of the reasons I worked voluntarily as a Childline counsellor for 2 years. All of this, and other factors, are the reasoning behind why I think an advice or coaching business might be best suited to me.

You can't win if you don't play