View Single Post
(#57)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-05-2019, 09:51 PM

I actually haven't opened another fiction book since having my mind blown by The Count of Monte Cristo. I have stocked up on a few ready for reading though and I'm looking forward to next time I get lost in another engaging story. Probably gunna be 1984 first.

Bedside reading lately has been factual stories of major events. One was called 'The Riddle of the Titanic' which contained all sorts of conspiracy type cover ups and failings an on the part of those in charge that the pubic were't informed of regarding the tragedy.. Currently I'm reading 'Last Man Down' which is the account of the fireman who's team survived the collapse of the second World Trade Center.. Next book of this kind I'll be reading is 'The Ascent of Everest' which is the story of the first guys to reach its peak in 1953.. Another one I have that I'm sure will be interesting is 'Nelson Mandela, Long Road to Freedom'.

I enjoy these real life stories of survival; endurance; catastrophe; tribulation; against the odds et al.

The books I downloaded yesterday are books I'm looking forward to but I'm not just gunna plow my way through them for the sake of it. I'm being more selective these days of what I read.

I had my illusion shattered of what it would be like working in a library. I asked two librarian blokes at a jobs fair if working in one meant a lot of downtime reading books and they both laughed at my question. So that's that idea out the window.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 22-05-2019 at 10:00 PM.