View Single Post
(#46)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 14-10-2018, 11:54 PM

I've read one of Richard Bransons books but afterwards I found out he was a silver spoon kid, which made me less of a fan. I have biographies by some of my favourite entrepreneurs like Peter Jones and Alan Sugar, so first biography I'll read is Peter cos he's my favourite dragon.

I don't know what you mean by "It just happened, I had nothing to do with it", did they just wake up one day and have a hundred million in the bank by accident, or did they make it happen.. Obviously it's the latter, so why can't they write about how they done it. Of course, that doesn't mean everyone has the ability to do so. Even so, in most cases most will co-write it with an established author regardless.

The only reason I'm going to read The Brothers Karamazov is because of it being a head-fuck. I like the idea that it makes a motherfucker think.

Yesterday I was in a few charity bookstores and bought a bunch of books for about a fiver, within them was The Da Vinci Code, got it for 50p. I bought it because it's a famous book and would be highly recommended by many, have you read it?

I'm not gunna say anything about the fiction book I'm currently reading for fear of spoilers, only that it's great so far. What I am happy to say is I'm enlightened by how I feel. It's the first fiction book I've ever read and already I can see how different it is to the past 5/10 years only reading self-development stuff. Those books are forgettable because it's mostly the same shit worded differently, but in good fiction you actually see the story in your head as you're reading it.

That can only be good for your brain, because you're automatically creating and seeing the story in your minds eye. I think that is fucking amazing and I believe it brings with it the potential to enhance ones creativity and keep your mind sharp.

We watch movies, and they're mostly fictional. So I've actually always been slightly, and unknowingly hypocritical, with my solid stance on not reading fiction books.

Bottom line is, although I'm only starting to read fiction, I'm pretty confident in saying that I've probably been doing myself a disservice by NOT reading it. And I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

I am enlightened.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following User Says Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
kowalski (15-10-2018)