View Single Post
(#44)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 12-10-2018, 11:13 PM

Admittedly I'm guilty of reading lots of self-help books that are very much the same just with different titles and wording. I think I'll make a switch from reading these kind of books for a while. I've ten or fifteen biographies of big-shot super rich fuckers I'm a fan of, I think it's time to actually read one.

I downloaded 1984 a minute ago and It's going to be one of the next on the reading list. Although I don't really follow politics much, I'm intrigued by your suggestion that it's enlightening as to how you see or think about the real world.

Whilst reading some gangster story about ten years ago, he talked about a book he read in prison called The Brothers Karamazov by that Fyodor Dostoevsky you mentioned. Apparently it's a real mind-bending motherfucker for some reason. Have you read that one? It's always intrigued me too as to why it's a headfuck, although I have absolutely zero idea what it's about. Just downloaded it there and it's 1000+ pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Fathers and Sons, Ivan Turgenev
What is to be done? / A vital question, Nikolai Chernyshevsky
Notes from the underground, Fyodor Dostoevsky
Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk
The Bhagavad-Gita, no one knows who wrote it.
12 rules for life, Jordan Peterson
Snow Crash, Neal Stephenson
The war of art, Steven Presfield
On writing, Stephen King

The gulag archipelago, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
The dhammapada, no one knows who wrote this either.
The Foundation series, Isaac Asimov
I'm gunna pick and choose some or all of these over time and see how my reading experience compares to all the self-development books I've read so far.

I imagine it'll be somewhat different.

You can't win if you don't play