View Single Post
(#215)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-09-2018, 11:55 PM

So it's been 2 full weeks from me calling a customer a cheeky bitch and I'm still employed there yet no word as yet from HR or otherwise.

My TL and my manager don't know anything new, and it's technically out of all our hands as it's someone neutral doing the investigation and therefore nobody could influence it anyways.

The 2 weeks CS training is over, and today I practically delegated myself to floorwalking next week in support for the new team. My TL just nodded and agreed with my suggestion - he's pretty easy-going and laid-back in general, but a very decent guy and the best TL I've had there, I should add. Goes out of his way to have your back.

I had hoped to know the verdict by now, yet I was informed today that investigations can take months.... Well fuck that, I don't want to sit around in limbo for ages only to be dismissed in the end regardless. I would like to stay there, truth be told.

I'm at a crossroads of sorts. Either I wait it out and see what happens which will be either a dismissal or not, or apply for other jobs and hand in my notice when I get one, which in turn wouldn't help the ongoing investigation, screwing up any credibility I have with them.

If I do wait it out and it turns to worst case scenario I've had an idea. I'm going to make a request along the lines of being granted a grace period for me to find a new job. I think such a request would be reasonable on the grounds that I've had 3 years of service at the company with no mistakes, complaints or incidents, and brilliant attendance. Along with the fact that I've held my hands up willing to face the consequences, and patiently waited it out whilst they did the investigation.

Is negotiation of a grace period after dismissal a thing? Reasonable request? Good idea?

Gunna do a bit of research on where the fuck I stand here, cos this limbo shit is pissing me off.

You can't win if you don't play