View Single Post
(#6)
Old

Default 16-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony77 View Post
No problem! Why are you going the internet dating route? How about trying cold approach? You could try small talk in shops, on the train, in bars and pubs etc.

Partly it's a numbers game.
I don't get much free time. I work a "9-5" style job and have kids I need to pick up from school and ferry here and there on certain days.
On days where I do have time I've been out, took random walks into shops - just saying hi to random people, making a comment here and there about what people are looking at.
Definitely need more confidence there. Although - at work, where I'm not trying, and it's about 80% female I just crack jokes, insult them, have them insult me and we all laugh about it. It's weird - definitely a psychological thing I just need some time to get over.

With the internet, you can just submit your details and then there's the possibility of 100s of local girls/women seeing your profile - and they are already on there because they either want a date or the love of her life, or even just a quick lay. Either way - they are seeking you out, and with a search you can find them and send some messages. It's like having a bot working for you even when you're asleep or at work.
When contact does occur, I get time to think and compose an answer. Look for any possible shit-tests, think of some witty things to slip in to the message etc.

The hard part is bridging the gap from talking via text to talking in real life, and then turning a face-to-face meet from an awkward mess into an awesome fun experience.