View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Send a message via Skype™ to kowalski
Default 12-04-2018, 10:17 AM

Over the past year I've been trying to be more orderly in general.

The last time my life got shook up I didn't leap into action as aggressively as I always have done previously. Mostly in life I've just gone into anything I wanted to go into thinking "if it goes bad, I'll use my intelligence and creativity to improvise my way out of it". This last time that all felt like way too much effort. I didn't revel in it at all as I previously have. The situation could have been easily prepared for and the impact cushioned with a small increase in conscientiousness.

I guess this is in part due to getting older and in part due to the angle at which my future can expand from any one point being significantly narrowed and the landscape ahead being significantly more uneven because of living in Cordoba (no family, less friends, less options compared to a big city, language barrier, etc.)

Now I have savings and contingency plans and short hair and a routine and a kitten (I call him Brian Sabotage, for reasons that got washed away in the great forum flood). And now, I'm exactly 15% more normal, more adult and more boring than this time last year. So now I'm exactly -20% normal, 30% adult and 18% boring.

Today Brian Sabotage came home injured af. His femur snapped clean in two, nearly jutting out the skin. I took him to the vet.

When they were describing the operation he needs, tears were raining off my face caused in equal parts by my care for him and the damage this care is about to inflict on my bank balance. Thankfully I don't get shy about crying more than the average person gets shy about laughing (i.e hardly at all), I really don't see the difference between the two nor many reasons to stifle either.

He will be operated on tomorrow morning at the exact same time that I will be on trial in a foreign court for a crime I did not commit. My vet is charging me 7 times more than my lawyer but if the lawyer thing goes badly, it'll be infinitely worse than the vet thing.

Tomorrow also happens to be Friday the 13th. I don't believe in that shit though so - Brian will survive, I'll be found not guilty and some hottie will blow me.

Peace,

kowalski

Like a stray bullet, you niggas misled

Last edited by kowalski; 12-04-2018 at 05:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kowalski For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (21-04-2018), dan300 (14-04-2018)