View Single Post
(#21)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 03-10-2017, 10:34 PM

Just finished..

The Art of People - The 11 simple people skills that will get you everything you want

There are 12 weeks left of the year. I'm gunna try and read 10 books by the end of the year.

Yes I know that sounds easy but I'll be doing it alongside intensive study work as well as the gym and all the other life shit.

If I get 10 books read in that time I should have built a good habit leading up to the new year in which I'll be attempting to read up to 100 books in the year.... But 52 will be the primary goal; at least 1 book a week.

The book I've just finished counts, so I have 9 more to read before the end of December. I've probably read 20/25 books and eBooks so far this year. Not as many as I'd hoped but much more than most people these days.

I'll likely be reading quite fast, but slow enough to understand everything. Some people here have suggested to me that reading all these books is pointless, but I'd like to quote Warren Buffett on getting smarter by reading..

"Read 500 pages every week. That's how knowledge builds up, like compound interest"

I certainly prefer to read than watch game of thrones or eastenders. Fuck me, the soaps I'd rather cut myself.

Now to go choose another unread book from the 100 or so in my home library.

Ps. In work lately there has been a lot of downtime. So I've been able to use some of that time to spend reading, rather than talking shit to those around me. Which, I'm astounded I hadn't thought of before. Nonetheless, I might actually be able to squeeze my book a week into my working days, which would be awesome.

You can't win if you don't play