View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Dan checked in at - The gym - 29-07-2017, 02:17 AM

Stopped doing HIIT a number of months ago. I figured that since I'd already lost the 3 stone i was planning to lose, I could mix up my cardio so that it's not so repetitive.

So since about February/March I've been doing mainly endurance type cardio.

It started when I saw this picture on Boxnations snapchat, where there was this time table with instructions on the wall of a boxing gym. The exercise regime is called the running man. I was trying to post the pic back then but for some reason it wouldn't let me. I'll try again until I get it up.

It's so tough, but so awesome. You walk fast or jog for 5 minutes to warm up, then reset the treadmill from zero and set it to 8kph and an incline of 1.5.

After 50 seconds increase by 0.5kph. After another 50 seconds increase by another 0.5kph. You keep doing this right up until 16kph.

After 50 seconds of 16kph you increase the incline to 2.0. After 50 seconds you add another 0.5 incline. Again you keep adding 0.5 every 50 seconds until you can't go no more.

Whoa, before you think "that looks easy" it's far from it. I have only done it twice. The first time I got to 13.30. Then 2 days later I got to 14.00. Which means I got to the 16kph + 40 seconds.

The results table goes like this..

Elite 18:30 or over

Good 15:50 - 17:40

Above average 13:20 - 15:00

Average 10:50 - 12:30

Poor Under 10:00

I urge anyone who enjoys their cardio or running to try it. Since I done it those 2 times I've been doing my own variations of it. So for example I'll walk fast for a few minutes then set it up to 10kph. After a minute i'll increase it by 0.5kph, and again after another minute etc etc. Always at least an incline of 1.0.

Sometimes I'll shorten it by increasing by 1kph rather than 0.5, and see how far i can go.

Tomorrow I'll go to the gym in the early afternoon solely to do the running man exercise outlined above, and find out how worth it all the endurance training has been.

You can't win if you don't play