View Single Post
(#25)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 30-05-2015, 11:34 PM

Was passing FourStarPizza earlier a quarter mile down my road & called in to ask if there were any jobs going. There are, & the manager gave me an application. I took it home & filled it out (a single, one-sided A4 page) & brought it back. I gave it to the manager & he took me into the back for a word.

I'll get to the point, I can have a job if I want one. The issue with it is that it is classed as one of these zero hours contracts. That's not to say that I wouldn't work a decent number of hours every week, just that he isn't in a position to give me a set number of guaranteed hours. But that's fucking annoying, for £6.50 an hour & I might be working well below enough to pay my rent & bills & child costs.

I've done a little research on zero hours contracts & they just sound like a pain in the fucking arse. Not only would I be forced to apply for working tax credits due to minimum wage but on top of that it's an extra ball ache because I don't have a set number of hours & somehow have to work out what the average hours I would be working, from a zero hours contract. Plus no holiday pay or entitlements. Fucking shite.

Why can't people & franchises just be straightforward & say ok 40 hours a week, instead of all this bollocks? I would have snapped his hand off earlier if it wasn't for all this agitating bullshit. But instead I'm going to think about it.

On a more positive note, he told me there are vacancies needing filled for managerial & assistant manager roles, & that they are there for the taking to those who have the character & drive to take them. Basically the potential to move up fast. So maybe I could take a chance on it, but it is risky.

Couple of wee hotties working there though.

You can't win if you don't play