View Single Post
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-04-2015, 01:01 AM

I thought I posted an update on jobs the other day but I obviously forgot to hit submit after I previewed it.

Anyways, it was about 4 jobs I had applied for. One was a night hotel porter, a night shift deli-assistant, a sales executive & a voluntary email counsellor for ChildLine.

Since then I have had a reply from ChildLine telling me they were delighted with my application (I'd hope so, I spent 3 hours on it!) & that I was being invited for an interview. I get to choose the date & time - I'm told that I just have to log in & check out the available slots, pick one.

An email counsellor is self-explanatory really. However it's not as simple as it sounds; I won't just be lay back on my sofa replying to messages, I will have to do it from the ChildLine offices. All in the interests of protocol, ethics, safety etc etc. If successful I will have to commit to 4 & a half hours per week, for at least 40 weeks of the year. I chose email counsellor because the criteria suggests they appreciate a soft speaking voice for the phones; not that I'm ruling that out, I'll see what they think of it themselves when they meet & hear me.

I will be working in a full time job in the not so distant future. To be fair I would prefer to start early June once my current module is completed, that way I can begin the new job stress free as I won't have another module until October (aside from one week in Bath for a psychology residential project in July)... But the fact I will have a full time job soon means I will probably have to make some big decisions in regards to my future..

I have opened a few doors lately, namely with the IFA & now ChildLine (but there are others on ice too) & I think I'm going to have to choose which one I can commit to, because having a full time job along with a part time degree & voluntary job is quite a lot - I simply can't do everything. I have an offer of regular weekly IFA work, or if successful with ChildLine I will have regular weekly work with them. As much as the IFA is exciting, I believe child protection is closer to my heart. After all it IS the reason I took this path after I gave up drugs. Again, this is unpaid but equally as exciting to me as some paid work if not more so.

I'm going to return the application to the IFA as well anyways, keeping the option open as plan B if the ChildLine thing didn't work out.

You can't win if you don't play