View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 01-07-2017, 08:33 PM

Finished reading The Power of Now

Although I found it full of what feels like a whole load of gobbledygook & unnecessary waffle, I've been trying to use the stuff I've read in my day to day life.

Particularly in regards to thoughts about the future & the past. When I find myself thinking of something out of my control be it past or future, whilst walking down the street for instance, I'll tell myself to just be present..

Yesterday I was down in our Dublin office for a focus group & during an impromptu presentation I was giving to the room, the head of customer service challenged some of the ideas our group had come up with..

When I should have been listening to his queries so I could give an appropriate response, I found myself wondering how much pizza was left over from the lunch we had.

So I refocused & gave him my full attention.

I'm going to continue this presence thing but I'm unsure it will ever lead to this deeper spiritual "oneness with the universe" or some shit he babbles on about.

I started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad which appears to hold a lot of potential.

in the first chapter the writer talks of a time when he was 10 years old & his "rich dad" (his mates dad) taught him a valuable life lesson, after the kid asked him if he would teach him how to make money.

It began with an endearing anecdote about the time that the kids dads (the rich one & the poor one) finding the two 10 year olds literally trying to make money by melting lead into a plaster of paris mould shaped to cater for a 10 cent coin.

The chapter ended with him telling of the comic library they launched. They asked for the comics from the store of the rich dad, that were going to be thrown out, after swearing not to resell them, & charged kids 10c for 3 hours access to read as many comics as they wanted. And it turned into a successful business for the 10 year olds. They even hired one of the kids teenage sisters as the receptionist.

I read that chapter on the train home from Dublin yesterday & I honestly would have loved to read it right through.

Not often I feel that from a book after the first chapter.

You can't win if you don't play