View Single Post
(#34)
Old

Default 15-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db x View Post

Maybe take the time to contact some people who already do it successfully and outright ask them what they wish they had known when they started?
this is an excellent idea, there's probably hundreds of carpet cleaners in the country so i will certainly ring as many as possible once me and my partner have sat down and are planning things more meticulously, thanks dude
i'll start by ringing all the carpet cleaners in cambridge and say something along the lines of "you did my grandmas carpet and she loved it, im starting up in leeds, can i pick at your brain for a couple minutes?" haha we'll see if i speak to your mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
Respect for having a crack.
If I was you, id try to also focus on partnerships with businesses who absolutely need your services. Private & official university student halls / apartments (anything centering students is big and repeat business), estate agents (everyone of these guys has a preferred service), hotels (although the bigger will use inhouse, smaller may consider) and private (large office buildings with 50+ employees) & public complexes (government buildings, schools etc.)
Good luck bro!
yes this is the plan once we are established, i think to begin with we will focus on residential work as we will only have 1 machine and its easier to generate work (i'll focus on marketing while my partner will focus on the graft), and will need to build capital for another vehicle and machine, but once we have 2, i will approach as many types of businesses as i can think of! the list keeps growing! since we are using a "green" selling point, we'll also be aiming at daycare centres, schools, vets, hospitals... anywhere eco-friendly is crucial.

i think the green selling point is also a good angle to work while aiming at more affluent and upmarket customers, so posh estate agents & restaurants, golf clubs etc. as we can charge a premium and earn some decent mullah

its all ideas for now though but i can't wait to get started. thanks guys!

Last edited by Riff; 15-03-2017 at 09:40 PM.