View Single Post
(#32)
Old
MASTER PUA
KickUps Champion, Curveball Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Default 14-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post
I am starting a business this year with a friend, we've both worked in sales. so we know how to sell a product, and i've done this particular job before too. its the first business venture i've ever been on so it would be nice to hear what you guys think, maybe my views on it all are a little warped since i think it will be fairly easy...

so we're both gonna chip in to get the best possible carpet cleaning machine, a van, and all the essential chemicals and accessories etc... also we'll budget for leafleting door to door (which is where we expect to get our initial business from), and advertising in newspapers, local magazines & relevant places.
once we have have it up and running comfortably, i am planning to branch out and go for a more hard sales approach by going to hotels, bars, restaurants, function rooms (any kind of other business with carpets & upholstery) to try and generate yearly or 6 monthly contracts by offering discounts (no idea whether this will work). also, my brother has his business working for bourne leisure (caravan "holiday camp sites" all around the country) and he knows alot of big players in that industry so i think there's some big potential for us to get in there too.

now i know its gonna take alot of hard work to get this going, there are other more established carpet cleaners in the area where we're based.

does it sound like a feasible idea? any pointers from more experienced entrepreneurs?
thanks

A good friend of mine does this in Cambridge and makes a killing with buisnesses and the university, your plan sounds good to me.

Maybe take the time to contact some people who already do it successfully and outright ask them what they wish they had known when they started? - Most smaller yet successful business owners will give the time of their day if you ask them humbly and sincerely complement their business..

Best of luck!

The unexamined life is not worth living.